Discover the best image sizes for social media in 2021. Social media is one of the most important resources of important brands. With it, they can approach new clients, markets, and diverse audiences.
Now, standing out isn’t easy due to the competition, but it isn’t impossible. For this, you need to focus on the aesthetic and visual aspects of your account. One of the best ways you can work on this is through your posts. For example, these must have the correct dimensions and formats. This way, you’ll be able to have a better impact on your audience.
Next, we’ll show you all the information you need to know. As a result, you’ll be able to create only the best posts for the best platforms.
Why is it important to know the size of images on social media?
Social media is very important as a marketing strategy for any business. So, regardless of whether these are B2B (Business-to-business) or B2C (business-to-consumer), platforms like these are very successful in actions and business conversion.
Because of this, the job of graphic designers is vital for the success of a social media account. After all, they are the ones who best know the dimensions and sizes of every platform. As a result, they’re able to adapt every profile photo, banner, story, or video to them.
By managing these dimensions, you will be able to optimize the image of your brand, your strategy and enhance your social media to attract new users. On the other hand, when working with the image of an account you have to be very creative within the rules that each platform has.
We know how difficult it can be to stand out within a platform. However, by working on the visual factors of your brand, you’ll be able to grab the attention of new clients and audiences. Besides, you will also improve your online presence, and ensure the best aesthetic in all your platforms.
Images on Facebook
Facebook is one of the platforms with the highest number of users in the world. For some, it works as a tool to create friendships, share educational, informative, and favourite entertainment information.
For your business or Facebook account, you must ensure the visibility of your images no matter the device. To do this, pay attention to the measurements of each image for Facebook, both in its desktop version and smartphones or ads.
The dimensions that you should pay more attention to are the following:
- Profile picture: the ideal size is 170 × 170 pixels.
- Facebook cover image: 820 × 312 pixels size.
- Square posts size: 1200 × 1200 pixels
- Horizontal posts: 1200 × 900 pixels
- Photos with links: 1200 × 628 pixels
- Facebook Ads: 1600 × 628 pixels
In the same way, you must know your image’s sizes in the desktop version, you must also know them in mobile versions. Here we explain which one you should take into account:
- Facebook’s cover in mobile version: 560 × 315 pixels.
- Profile photo in mobile version: 128 × 128 pixels.
Don’t forget to save these images in different formats, such as PNG, so that your images will never look pixelated.
Images on Twitter
Loved by both millennials and brands alike, Twitter is one of the top social media platforms in the market. In fact, it’s perfect for those companies wanting to share new facets of their work or history with their clients. So, if you have a personal brand, this is the best choice for you. In it, you can share secrets from your day-to-day and make tips or blogs for your audience.
The dimensions of this platform are:
- Profile photo: 400 × 400 pixels.
- The header image on Twitter: 1500 × 500 pixels.
- Tweet image size: 1024 × 512 pixels. Allowed in JPG, PNG, or GIF.
- Twitter cards dimension: 800 x 320px. Here it only supports JPG or PNG.
- Summary Card with photograph: 280 × 150 pixels.
- In-stream image size: minimum 440 × 220 pixels.
A favourite element of this social media platform is GIFs. However, dimensions don’t matter in this case. What’s important here is to remember that your images must be in JPG or PNG.
Images on Instagram
This is a social media platform characterized by the use of images and dynamic content. Instagram is one of the platforms that has best reached the public. Because of this, it’s perfect for those brands focused on creating attractive-looking products. For example, clothes, make-up, and accessories.
So, if you want to create amazing designs and posts, you must pay attention to the following dimensions.
- Profile picture: 110 × 110 pixels.
- Square image: 1080 1080 pixels. Some also use 640 × 640 pixels.
- Horizontal photography: 1080 × 566 pixels.
- Vertical image format: 1080 × 1350 pixels.
If you want to share some videos with your followers, don’t forget to take into account:
- Videos for the timeline: 640 × 640 pixels with a duration of between 3 and 60 seconds.
- Videos for Instagram Stories: 750 × 1334 pixels and duration of a maximum of 10 seconds.
This feature has also become a favourite within this platform.
Because of this, you must pay attention to details.
Besides, a great advantage of it is that it doesn’t matter how you record your videos, either vertically or horizontally.
- The dimensions for vertical videos are a maximum of 9:16 and a minimum of 4: 5.
- For horizontal, maximum 16: 9 and minimum 5: 4.
- And last but not least, the 1: 1.55 or 420 x 654-pixel cover photo.
Images on Pinterest, image sizes for social media
A platform as fun and visual as Pinterest couldn’t be left out of our list. Not only is it excellent for building an online presence, but it is also a great strategy to increase visits and leads to your website.
Take note of the following measures:
- Profile image size: 165 × 165 PX. It is important to use the JPG or PNG format.
- One pin measurement: 600 × 900 pixels with a 2: 3 aspect ratio.
- Cover photo of the boards: preferably 200 × 200 pixels.
- Miniature of each one of the covers of the boards: 100 × 100 pixels.
One of the newest and most innovative elements that you can find on these platforms is Ads or paid advertisements. In this case, the sizes of these pins should be 600 × 900 and with an aspect ratio: 2: 3 to 1: 3.5.
Images on LinkedIn, image sizes for social media
As a platform focused on business relationships, it has become a vital tool for professionals. As a result, it hasn’t stopped growing, and it will continue to do so for many years. Because of this, if you want to attract a more professional audience or companies, this is the platform for you. On the other hand, it will also help you to build your own brand.
Here are the dimensions to take into account:
- LinkedIn profile photograph: 400 × 400 pixels.
- Header image: 1584 × 396 pixels. Maximum file size: 4 MB.
- Post photography: 520 × 320 pixels.
- Company logo: 300 × 300 pixels.
- Cover image for the company: 1584 × 396 pixels.
- General Ads: 50 × 50 pixels.
- Ad in the rectangular format: 300 × 250 pixels.
- Wide Skyscraper: 160 × 600 pixels.
- Leaderboard: 728 × 90 pixels.
YouTube video size, image sizes for social media
Even if this isn’t a social media platform per se, it’s still an excellent place to grow your brand. This is all thanks to its diverse amount of content and audiences. Because of this, YouTube is today the second most visited platform in the world, right behind its parent company Google.
If you want to post videos, create your account and be successful, take note of the next dimensions:
- Profile image: 800 × 800 pixels.
- Header image: 2560 × 1440 pixels.
- Video: 1920 × 1080 pixels.
- Video thumbnail: 1280 × 720 pixels.
Videos on TikTok, image sizes for social media
This is a platform that doesn’t seem to stop growing. Every day, more and more people join in to create all sorts of content. On the other hand, most of its users are on the younger side or Gen Z. So, if your business wants to reach hundreds, don’t even think twice about joining it.
The dimensions for posts are:
- Profile photo: 200 × 200 pixels.
- Ad images for feed: 1200 × 628 pixels.
- Ad video for feed (vertical): 720 × 1280 pixels.
- Videos: 1080 × 1920 pixels.
- Ad video for feed (square): 640 × 640 pixels.
- Ad video for feed (horizontal): 1280 × 720 pixels.
Take advantage of each social media platform and be creative by trying all sorts of designs! If you want to stand out, you must cross boundaries and be as creative as you can be. For this, you must take into account the dimensions of every platform to surprise your audience.
BluCactus, your ally in Digital marketing
BluCactus international marketing agency serves clients all over the world. Our specialty? The creation of web designs and SEO positioning in online searches. Our group of experts focuses on helping businesses and brands succeed in one of the most competitive sectors in the market, the digital world.
BluCactus will accompany you in every step that your brand takes. This goes from the creation of the branding of your business to the creation of content. Our focus is on supporting you with the development of your website or the administration of your accounts on social media.
This online marketing agency, based in Toronto, ON, seeks to strengthen your image as a brand and take it to the next level. Don’t wait any longer to have the help of the best specialists in digital marketing and contact us through our social media or website.
If you want to keep up with the world of digital marketing, you can also subscribe to our monthly newsletter.