The importance of Branding for your digital strategy. When starting a business or creating a company, marketing people often talk about branding. There’s a chance you don’t know a lot about this topic. However, what you should learn from the start is that it isn’t a new concept. Today, branding has become more popular for brands. After all, it offers results beyond generating sales and attracting customers.
What is branding and its importance for brands and new products?
Branding is a marketing strategy focused on the positioning of a brand. Its goal is to make it last over time and known to its consumers through its values.
In short, it increases the visibility of a brand or company and makes it recognizable by its logo. As a result, it positions it on the market to build an excellent reputation.
A company can create a brand with its own identity by creating branding strategies. Once done, its focus should be to enter the public’s minds and keep a positive image.
Whether new or old, any brand can benefit from branding.
In the case of a new business, people often ask themselves the following questions:
- Where do I want to go with my brand?
- What do I want to achieve?
- How do I want to be seen or recognized?
- Do I want to position myself in the market?
The answer to each one is simple: branding.
Branding will allow us to quickly achieve all these goals. For this, our strategies must be consistent with what we preach and practice in our company.
For example, if we boast about being an eco-friendly brand, we can’t use highly polluting machines.
On the other hand, a branding strategy can also increase our visibility in our market. After this, the image we present will become our letter of introduction.
8 benefits of branding
People recognize your brand.
One of the main goals of any company or brand is to be recognized among the public. In other words, branding allows people to associate a logo or colors to the products of a company.
It hooks the client.
Having loyal customers is one of the greatest rewards and desires of a company. Because of this, creating a good image with an excellent product is vital. Only this way can we build a lasting and stable relationship with our clients.
A good image generated through well-structured branding will attract the attention of more customers. As a result, this will create trust in others to get closer and get to know the product.
It’s a way to promote the brand
As we mentioned before, a good image and product are the key to success. However, creating promotions is also a good strategy to attract new clients.
You must develop consistent branding from the start to create a stable brand. This will also help you avoid constant modifications throughout the process and focus only on applying the strategies.
The main goal is to move forward.
When carrying out a branding project, we must first establish its objectives.
As you can imagine, achieving them will be the focus of our plan. For this, branding also offers us the tools to reach them.
Captivate your dream client
With branding, you can attract clients who share our same vision.
After all, one of its strategies is to conquer hearts and minds that feel identified with the brand and what it professes.
Last but not least, one of the main goals is to obtain an economic benefit. For this, a clear and well-executed branding strategy is key for increasing profit.
What is the importance of branding in digital media?
Today, most people consume digital media in all its forms. For this reason, we must reach those places where everyone converges in their spare time.
Reaching a person who spends part of their free time watching videos is a digital marketing move. And what better way than to reach that person by capturing their attention with captivating branding. Therein lies the importance of branding in digital media.
The same goals apply in the digital world. Stand out, position ourselves, and be more visible with a better image than the rest of the brands.
- Personal branding helps us highlight our abilities, strengths, skills, and abilities from those in our field.
- As for digital branding, it helps us improve our image reputation and stand out on social media.
- Emotional branding seeks to arouse emotions in customers and get them hooked from these generated sensations.
- Some companies dedicate special attention to social branding. For this, they promote a cause to which they are committed and can attract customers.
- Country branding. It seeks to show the best and most beautiful country or region to promote tourism and its culture.
- And a very common one, which is corporate branding, seeks to stand out among other companies in the industry and improve its reputation and image.
Types of branding
Next, we mention other types of branding that exist in addition to those already mentioned:
- Product branding It’s a trendy type of branding. It seeks to highlight a specific product, by showing its characteristics and virtues to have a strong presence in the market.
- Co-branding It’s a collaboration of brands for a specific product which often last a for a certain amount of time. In this type of branding, two brands or companies come together to promote the same product or service.
- Political branding It’s very similar to personal branding but focused on the political sphere. It’s the construction of a person’s image focused on the political world. In other words, it highlights the qualities the community wants to see in a person who will occupy a specific position. Once there, it focuses on keeping that same positive image to maintain their acceptance and popularity.
- Employer branding It focuses on selling the company through its employees and collaborators. It doesn’t focus on the brand but on the business culture and the benefits of its workers, who can, in turn, be spokespersons for the company.
After all this, you may be wondering: How do I build my brand’s branding?
If you want to use branding, you must go through a series of perceptible and imperceptible elements. For example, visual identity, product characteristics, and aspects inherent to the brand experience.
But let’s dig a little deeper and learn about the key elements to create a brand.
- Purpose Previously, the purposes of brands were to attract customers, generate sales and revenue. Today humanization is key. As a result, the main goal is to uphold a set of values that people can identify with and become frequent or permanent clients or consumers.
- Brand name This is how your brand will be called and recognized. Therefore, it should be something new, short, catchy, and easy to remember while transmitting the brand’s values. This is possibly the most crucial element when creating your brand. After all, it will enclose everything about your brand and be immovable.
- Logo It’s the graphic symbol, image, text, or form that will identify a brand or company individually or combined with each other. People will easily recognize a good logo without the need for many words. This is going to be a fundamental part of the identity.
- Colors It can be a fun and exciting aspect to choose from until we realize its relevance to the brand. Before we lean into our favorite color or a palette we randomly saw on Pinterest, we should look at color psychology. This is an analysis of what colors emotionally represent to people. This study determines what sensations each color produces in an individual and their inclination. There’s a reason why most fast-food services often use red, orange, and yellow colors. After all, studies show that these create a feeling of hunger for those who see it. Just as luxury brands such as Mercedes-Benz use black, it represents elegance and prestige. So, do you see the importance of choosing a color that conveys your values and matches your brand?
- Communication tone Simply speaking, it’s the way or form in which we will communicate with our public or clients. This can be formal or rigid and casual and informal, depending on who we target. And it must remain the same in all the channels or media that we use where our brand lives.
- Personality Here we name the point of values again since the personality will reflect those values that identify us and are our brand’s soul. An example of this can be a tequila brand that honors all the work done by people in the field so that the final product reaches the customer’s hands.
- Slogan It’s the phrase or phrase responsible for highlighting a company’s characteristics, what it does, or its principal value. They are usually short and simple phrases that can be easy to remember and memorize, like the name. Besides, people should identify and associate it to a brand by reading it without further context.
- Product characteristics It is nothing more than what makes a product unique special and differentiates it from others. It seeks to activate the senses by showcasing the best features. This way, it encourages the buyer to want to get it.
- Audio Branding It’s a musical strategy. Audio branding seeks to identify and associate certain sounds with a specific brand or company. The HBO intro that alludes to static on the television is something that we can identify and associate without looking at the screen. This recognition is what audio branding pursues. However, now that you know the benefits of branding, you have to start your path to your brand’s success.