Web redesign allows web owners to improve the weaknesses of their website so that they get more conversions. Its importance lies on the fact that websites function as cover letters for every business. They are also the first digital impression that many customers have of a brand. Because of this, the money and time put into the creation of a website can be the difference between a high bounce rate and success.
Design and software experts believe website owners should update their own pages from time to time. This way they can offer the best customer experience. Today, we will talk about what web redesign is and how to use it to increase web conversions.
What is website redesign?
This consists of all those changes you make to a website to adapt it to new digital changes.
For example, its functions and visual elements.
Users can also do this to modify business marketing and improve their website’s user experience.
Today, there are two types of designs which are:
- Graphic redesign: Deals with the visual aspects of the portal.
- Structural redesign: This involves the transformation of the website’s structure and changes to the CMS, better known as the content management system.
You can make both of these changes at the same time.
However, these will be subject to the needs of the client and the website’s status.
For this, you must first make a well-thought-out plan to improve its functions. Only in this way can a website be as efficient as possible.
Steps to redesign your website:
To carry out this process, you must follow the same steps you followed when creating your website from scratch:
- First, you must define the project. For example, audit, and specifications.
- The modeling process. This involves making models of web pages.
- Development. This step involves the installation and configuration of the CMS, as well as the development of different functionalities.
- Content integration. Arrangement of texts, images, and videos.
- Search engine optimization. Involves optimization of tags, internal mesh, and redirects.
- Acceptance. At this point you can start to carry out tests, and validations to put the new site online.
What are the benefits of web redesign?
We already talked a little about the advantages of redesigning a website. Now, we’ll show you a small list of some of the benefits that a web redesign strategy offers.
Better user experience
In many cases, websites have a high bounce rate because their visitors don’t understand its organization or how to access its content.
Thanks to UX web redesign, you can get rid of this problem by offering them a better experience.
As a result, they will want to stay on your website for a lot longer.
Higher quality and optimal technical performance
If some of your website’s buttons aren’t working, you should carry out a web Redesign strategy. By doing this, you will ensure that everything on your website runs smoothly. Thus, offering the best quality to your readers.
Better visibility in search engines (SEO Optimization)
By redesigning your website, you can reach a better position within search engines. This, while also taking into account the process of SEO optimization. By this, we mean keywords and every element able to grab the attention of new readers.
A secure website for you and your client
Gain the trust of your readers by ensuring that their data won’t be used for any database without their consent. Today, many visitors don’t trust the websites they visit due to data breaches.
Because of this, you should offer them a website they can trust. Only in this way will they rest assured that their information won’t be used without their knowledge.
An increase in website conversion rate
This is one of the main points we wanted to touch on this blog. Since your website is your cover letter, first impressions matter. Because of this, you must ensure that users see you as a trustworthy site from the moment they enter it. This way, they won’t need to look for any other website besides yours. The redesign of your website will make you look like a trustworthy company, thus making users prefer you over the competition. In short, they will only buy your products and services.
How to carry out a successful web redesign process
There isn’t an exact set of rules or formulas to make a successful website.
However, there are some vital steps you must follow to create the best platform in your industry.
Thanks to them, you will also be able to offer the best experience to your customers.
Here’s a guide you must follow to carry out a successful web redesign process.
Organize an audit of your current site and the competition
Before starting with this process, you must first research and study your website’s strengths and weaknesses.
This way, you will be able to enhance what already works and fix what doesn’t.
Here are four elements you must take into account when improving your website.
- Technical audit: By this, we mean the aspects that could be optimized in terms of loading speed, mobile compatibility, and number of referenced pages, indexing problems, traffic volume, bounce, and conversion rates.
- SEO audit: This refers to keyword positioning, page structure, HTML tagging, and website content.
- Navigation audit: The menu intuition and ergonomics aspects are fundamental for a website. After all, they allow the navigation of the page to be easier.
- Competition: Study what your competition’s pages are like with tools like SEMrush to know what can make you stand out from your rivals.
Describe what the objectives are
Once you know your website’s strong and weak points, you can determine what you’re going to do.
For this, you must establish your objectives and goals when carrying out a web redesign strategy.
Opt for a content management system
You must know your website’s provider and the companies or tools you can use to keep working on them.
Many experts recommend managing your website with a CMS, or content management system.
Thanks to this, you will find it much easier to create and post content no matter your lack of HTML knowledge.
Tools like WordPress are the most used for this.
Optimize your website
As we mentioned before, one of the main benefits of redesigning your website is the ability to use tools to optimize your website’s SEO.
However, it also works as a strategy to stay at the forefront of new digital trends. For example, you can optimize your site in:
- Technical Aspects: Some of these aspects may be responsive design, implementation of an SSL certificate, 301 redirections of old pages, creation of the robots.txt file, among others.
- Content:This focuses on the SEO of the page and its keywords as well as the editorial quality, semantics, HTML tagging (H1 / H2 / H3 tag, title, Meta description), and its URL.
- User experience:Also known as UX, once your website has been redesigned, you can improve ergonomics. Added to this, you can also create an easy navigation thanks to the internal network, and a short and explicit menu, along with attractive visuals.
- Website Conversion:This is done with the insertion of a CTA (call to action), form management, creation of landing pages, and analysis of the purchase route. With this, you will achieve an increase in your website’s conversion rate and sales.
Record your long-term web redesign
This isn’t only about a process that once finished you put aside.
On the contrary, these types of projects help you to get involved in the long term with different platforms and clients.
For this, you can invite potential clients through social media.
Besides, through Google searches, you can make yourself known to potential customers.
Hence, the importance of having optimized and fresh content relevant to your followers.
Remember how users find it important to have content or a website where they feel heard and that, above all, is made for them.
As your website’s visitors, they want to see exclusive material and promotions able to meet their needs.
Besides, by doing this, you will also make them feel like a valuable asset within your company.
On the other hand, other than enhancing the positive elements of your business, this will also help the visitor avoid the negative ones.
Entrust your redesign project to a website redesign company
The best thing to do when carrying out projects like these is to leave them in the hands of design and software experts.
It’s not just about having an acceptable service provider or watching some online tutorials on how to take over the project on your own.
Hiring web design services will help you solve any problem with your website.
After all, experts of this field are the ones who know all about design, development, integration, SEO, marketing, project management, and writing of web pages, among others.
However, you must take into account that, even if you request the services of a software expert, they may not have the necessary knowledge to take charge of a project like this.
That’s why we recommend researching website redesign services. By doing this, you will find many marketing agencies or agencies specialized in offering web design services.
Carrying out a project like website redesign can be highly labor-intensive if you want to do it on your own.
The best thing you can do, in terms of investment of your time and money, is to seek the help of a website redesign company. This way, they will be in charge of carrying out this task for you while ensuring the best results.
BluCactus, your ally in Digital marketing
BluCactus international marketing agency serves clients all over the world. Our specialty? The creation of web designs and SEO positioning in online searches. Our group of experts focuses on helping businesses and brands succeed in one of the most competitive sectors in the market, the digital world.
BluCactus will accompany you in every step that your brand takes. This goes from the creation of the branding of your business to the creation of content. Our focus is on supporting you with the development of your website or the administration of your accounts on social media.
This online marketing agency, based in Toronto, ON, seeks to strengthen your image as a brand and take it to the next level. Don’t wait any longer to have the help of the best specialists in digital marketing and contact us through our social media or website.
If you want to keep up with the world of digital marketing, we invite you to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.