What is a long-tail keyword and how to use it? Keywords are a topic that if you’ve been in the marketing industry for a long time, you already know. They help us in many ways, for example:
- To boost our business
- Optimize our communication channels
- Position ourselves in the minds of buyers and internet searches
However, there’s a diverse group of keywords you must know to better apply them in the brands you want to work with. For this, today we offer you this blog post. Here, we’ll talk about long tails keywords, how you can use them and how to apply them in your business. After this, you’ll be able to easily get the best out of them.
What is a Long Tail Keyword?
To start your journey and understand how to use these keywords, you first have to know what they are. Long-tail keywords are those keywords that, instead of being a single word, are several. In this sense, they must have a sequence to give a whole meaning to the search. In other words, it isn’t just one term, it’s many or even a complete sentence.
They are essential for content marketing strategies since they help us with the positioning of our brand on different platforms. These studies to achieve SEO positioning are based on analysis and the same research that users carry out. That’s why it’s very important to know who your client is and what they are looking for on the internet.
Within these long tails, there are also two important categories that you should know: short tails and middle tails.
What are short tails keywords?
In this case, we mean keywords that only have one or two words for their composition.
These are also known as generic keys, widely used by many brands on internet sites.
Their goal is to allow us to easily position ourselves in web search engines.
What are middle tails Keywords?
The middle tails are the keywords that have more than two terms together to make sense of all long tails.
Like the previous ones, they are generic words used very frequently.
They are much more specific and although the amount they show may be less, they can also have a great impact on your communication channels and easily drive them to be some of the first results of search engines.
The importance of Long Tail keywords in web positioning
Using keywords like these on your website has endless benefits and drawbacks. These, you will see by implementing them in the right way. Here, we will give you some reasons why long-tail keywords are so important:
- You will save a lot of time trying to position yourself with very generic keywords and with a lot of content. Getting to the point can be much better.
- People who come to your website or any of your communication channels will know more about what they are looking for. This means that you will get high-quality leads. As a result, this allows you to move up in the list of links in search engines.
- It allows you to work on content specialized and focused on solving the doubts and concerns of customers. This is also ideal for improving web positioning. After all, one of the reasons why your site can improve its analysis points is the decrease in the bounce rate percentage.
How to make long tails keywords
These long tails are a real diamond in the rough. Many are unaware of them and don’t use them because they don’t know how or because they fear that they don’t make any sense for their website. But that couldn’t be further from the truth. Many people don’t get the information they are looking for because the most popular content is sometimes not well categorized. That’s why, if your content has the most specific and appropriate keywords, you can reach more people.
Try to be specific with the people, words, and even the terms you use. You must customize them for each client or the target audience you want to reach. This way, you’ll be able to reduce the bounce rate, improve your interactions, and allow users to easily return.
Don’t be afraid to do a deep analysis with your long tails. The biggest mistake that many make when doing keyword work is doing a superficial study of which is the most relevant keywords for their industry. Instead, you must take all the time necessary to get to know your audience, competition, market, industry, and the wants and needs of your group. This way, you can find out which terms they are looking for the most and what they want to know.
Keywords and competition: what should we know?
We know that keywords can be a fundamental variable between a business standing out and another failing. That’s why working on your keywords cannot be a step left behind.
Keywords have simple objectives in the face of competition, and it’s to beat them in positioning. They also give you a wide range of ideas and content opportunities for articles and your entire materials’ strategy. Besides, they also give a much clearer idea to people about which name they have to write to find your articles. Keywords work as a good way to structure the materials, index, subject, and everything that is in the contents.
Keys to correctly use Long Tails in marketing
We already know what long-tail keywords are.
Now it’s time to talk about how to correctly use them.
Here, we’ll show you the place where they’re more effective.
This way, you’ll be able to impact the reader and grab their attention almost at once.
Next, we’ll offer you a list to give you an idea on what’s the best way to use long-tail keywords in your marketing strategies.
- The title of the page: The title is that important element that everyone reads first. This is the first approach that anyone has on your page, and it must be perfect or the action you want may not take place. Use long tails within the metadata through an HTML tag. This will be ideal to make your website or blog much easier to find.
- In the title of the publication Same as the previous point. The h1 is that first glance that we all have when entering a blog and that which appears on search engines. Work it very well and fit these keywords inside the h1 (don’t forget that you can only have one h1). Remember! Don’t force keywords if they don’t fit, but try to make them appear.
- In one or more subtitles: The idea is to include the long tail in the most natural way possible in as many subtitles as possible, but you must do it carefully, or it will look very repetitive
- Right in the meta description: The text that appears below the result of your blog in search engines quickly explains what that content is about. Use it there and capture more people.
- In the body of the content: Of course! The keyword should be in the most logical place in all your content, in its body. Use your keywords as long as they are relevant. Mention them and if they’re the center of your blog or article, use them, but don’t abuse them. For users, it can be tedious to see the same word a thousand times in a text, use a synonym from time to time.
BluCactus, your ally in Digital marketing
BluCactus international marketing agency serves clients all over the world. Our specialty? The creation of web designs and SEO positioning in online searches. Our group of experts focuses on helping businesses and brands succeed in one of the most competitive sectors in the market, the digital world.
BluCactus will accompany you in every step that your brand takes. This goes from the creation of the branding of your business to the creation of content. Our focus is on supporting you with the development of your website or the administration of your accounts on social media.
This online marketing agency, based in Toronto, ON, seeks to strengthen your image as a brand and take it to the next level. Don’t wait any longer to have the help of the best specialists in digital marketing and contact us through our social media or website.
If you want to keep up with the world of digital marketing, you can also subscribe to our monthly newsletter.