Why Does User-Generated Content Improve Your Brand’s Visibility? User-generated content is one of the marketing trends in 2022, and it is expected to continue in 2023. It has become an excellent opportunity to motivate your audience to participate in creating content for your company. Many companies now have an online presence in Canada, and it can be challenging to stand out. However, as long as you have the help of marketing experts to create good UGC strategies, success is guaranteed. But first, let us see why user-generated content advertising brings greater visibility to your brand.
What is User-Generated Content?
User-generated content advertising is made up of any publication that third parties create on the internet. The good news is that there is a wide variety of UGC that can be implemented as a content marketing strategy.
For example, public comments you receive on a corporate blog post or your social media posts are part of your user-generated content. As well as:
- User ratings or recommendations.
- The reviews related to your products or services are received in the Google My Business file.
- Testimonials from customers who are satisfied with your products or services.
- Guest articles are published on the corporate blog, or what is known as Guest blogging.
- The content is generated by influencers or ambassadors of your brand.
- Videos or images created by followers in response to a contest launched by your brand.
Why Does User-Created Content Help Improve Your Brand Awareness?
Does a user-generated content strategy catch your eye? Let us tell you why this type of content brings visibility to your brand:
- Helps Gain Visibility in Communication channels Through user-generated content, there is the possibility of gaining visibility through social media. As a result, you will be able to differentiate yourself from the competition while enhancing your brand identity.
- Allows Us to use a new Source of Content Creation Currently, many brands use CGU to add value to their audience. A comment on social media or a positive opinion is enough to create posts that attract the audience’s interest. Specifically, this all translates to better interaction.
- Generates Engagement This type of content has a great advantage, and that is that the user becomes the protagonist. What generates a gain of commitment to the brand or what we know as engagement.
- Leads to a Positive Impact on SEO Search engines like Google perceive trustworthy content as valuable. Therefore, if your customers or followers generate content for your brand, it is likely that you can appear in the first results. Additionally, since user-generated content and social media also improve your branding by increasing the number of searches related to your brand. Consequently, your organic search ranking will improve considerably.
- Connect With Your Target Audience Generally, users do not feel empathy for such strong advertising. This is because they do not like to be addressed strictly in a commercial tone. Therefore, today there is nothing better to attract them than the CGU.
- Increase Trust in the Brand It is a great advantage when you manage to generate content of interest to your company without investing in paid media. This is due to the great influence that third-party opinions have when a user is deciding to make a purchase. Do you want to get more conversions? You can achieve this goal by having user-generated content campaigns on social media.
Tips for Carrying out this Content Marketing Practice
Unquestionably, user-generated content marketing helps reinforce your brand. That is why we will give you some tips that will help you put it into practice:
Choose the Most Effective Channels
The study of social media carried out by the IAB allows you to know the profile of the users who make life on each social platform. It is an excellent way to determine if they are related to your target, and by knowing which platforms are of interest to them, you can carry out other actions. For example, you can create your own hashtag and then encourage your followers to use it to share content that is related to your brand. Thus, you will keep track of user-generated content.
There is another way to know when a user refers to your company: Google alerts for terms related to your brand. They can be activated by the keywords (keywords) you want to receive as email alerts. Thus, you will keep informed of the CGU that interests you.
Encourage Your Audience to Create Content
If you want to encourage your customers’ opinions, show them your appreciation through exclusive offers, special discounts, etc.
Also, contests on social media are a great option to encourage the creation of user-generated content.
You just have to have some creativity to encourage your followers to upload videos or photos with your product and mention your brand with the hashtag they have chosen for monitoring.
Request Reviews Directly From Your Customers
Surely you want your customers to leave a review related to your brand or product.
The best thing you can do is speak up and ask for them, as most satisfied customers will have no problem leaving a positive review on your social media, Google My Business, or website.
Many will not take the time to leave a review unless you ask them directly. If you have a physical store, you can do it personally. Likewise, you can do it via email or by putting links to your Google file or social media.
Do You Need a CGU Strategy for Your Brand?
This is because consumers trust third parties’ opinions more than businesses’ claims. In this case, you need the help of marketing experts to create an effective CGU strategy.
At BluCactus Canada, we have the marketers you need for this mission. In addition, we work together with you so that you understand the needs of your audience and encourage them to be part of your action plan. Contact us right now to create a successful project.
Subscribe to our free monthly newsletter and receive updated information on digital marketing.